Salerno Summer Project

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Salerno Testimonies

Welcome back to the blog. Here are some of the testimonies from the past week.

Fabio:

Met Fabio on campus. Didn't think he could offend God at beginning then I explained sin offended God. He understood and agreed with the four laws then I asked him which lifestyle he was and he picked the self-centered one. Then I explained how by faith he could get to a Christ centered life. I explained Ezekiel 11:19 and how Christ removes their old heart and gives them one of flesh. He thought it was amazing that I now like going to church and serving God, and he saw how he could too through faith. The Lord is truly at work in Salerno and I can't wait to see what else He is going to do!


Davide:

We were sharing Christ with 2 guys who had to abruptly leave. As they were leaving, Davide was listening to our conversation nearby. We began to talk to him. After sharing the gospel, he told us that he couldn't imagine that it was that easy. He thought he had to earn grace from God. We explained grace more thoroughly and explained the nature of grace...a free gift we don't deserve. He later decided to commit his life to Christ because of this gift of grace!


Francesca:

I met her on campus and she initially told me about her hatred for God because of deaths in her family and how she couldn't trust him. She mentioned her family's catholic beliefs and how she didn't even believe in Heaven at first. Then she read some verses (John 3:16, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:3-6) in the Italian Bible and Ezekiel 11:19 in English. I don't even remember what I said but the Lord just met her today and opened her eyes and heart. Then she grabbed the English 4 laws (after she read some of the Italian one) and said "I want to know God personally! This is the desire of my heart for him to live inside me." The Lord completely deserves all the glory and he broke the language barrier because she was understanding my English and I was understanding her Italian. She agreed about being changed and living a better life with Christ and that she is a Christian now! Then she invited me to eat with her family in Avellino. Praise the Lord!


Antonella and Filippo:

We saw Antonella and Filippo in a cafe. We went through the survey. They didn't know they had offended God or what the punishment for sin was. When they realized they were guilty and deserved death, they were really scared. Then when I told them about Christ, they were overjoyed! They were so excited to pray and ask Christ to be their Savior! They showered us with kisses and hugs when we left and told me how kind I was to tell them about Jesus! They want to be taught more about the Bible!


Virginia:

Met Virginia and went through survey with her. She didn't understand what Christ saved her from. She read James 2:10 from my Bible and said "I am guilty!" Then I took her through Romans 6:23 and the bridge illustration. Then Romans 10:9. She said, "I never knew salvation was this easy." We read through the prayer in four laws and I asked if it expressed her desire. She said "Yes, yes!" She accepted Christ!


What a mighty God we serve! What an honor to be able to bear witness to such a movement of the Holy Spirit. All of us can't wait to see what's going to happen next. Keep us in your prayers, but more importantly, pray for the students that we will encounter.


"The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations." - Psalm 98:2


Quote of the day:

"Nobody saw us, don't panic."

6 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You don't need to be over there to serve God in this way. There are so many here in the United States that are just as thirsty for the Gospel. Even at home we can be missionaries.

    Would someone explain to me what the "four laws" is? I'm sure its an evangelistic methode, but I don't know the details to it and you keep refering to it. Just curious.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just realized how that might sound. My first paragraph was an encouragment to Andrea who commented before me. I wasn't rebuking those of you over in Italy for being there.

     
  • At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes i too would like to know the four laws, i am not familiar either. since you are having such success there i would like to hear more of the language you use in your conversations. i have never really been able to talk to other people in a way that would make a difference. how very blessed it must make you feel to see immediate change. I also agree with the earlier post that there are so many here in this country that need to hear the gospel in a way that they will truly listen. o

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Marti Sanders said…

    Unbelievable!! That is all I can say. Reading your testimonies and seeing that God is at work in Italy gives me more hope and encouragement than you know. It makes me anxious to see what God will continue to do and what He has in store for the ICS this fall. I am praying for ya'll wish I was there alongside. You are an amazing group. Thanks for letting God use you to reach Italians this summer. Marti(Pisa Stint 02-03/ Pisa ICS 06)

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the link to the four laws, it is very informative and precise. i can see how this tool can be so effective. thanks again

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you! It looks like everything is going really well! So exited for you. I am praying for you guys over there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home